FORUM LASKAR ISLAM
welcome
Saat ini anda mengakses forum Laskar Islam sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh turut berdiskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi member LI. Silahkan REGISTER dan langsung LOG IN untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai member.

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! Follow_me
@laskarislamcom

Terima Kasih
Salam Admin LI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORUM LASKAR ISLAM
welcome
Saat ini anda mengakses forum Laskar Islam sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh turut berdiskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi member LI. Silahkan REGISTER dan langsung LOG IN untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai member.

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! Follow_me
@laskarislamcom

Terima Kasih
Salam Admin LI
FORUM LASKAR ISLAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus !

Topik sebelumnya Topik selanjutnya Go down

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! Empty Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus !

Post by Penyaran Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 pm

The Music Minute: John Lennon Vs. Jesus
Travel back in time to a very special moment in music history.
by Scott Collura

Welcome to IGN's new feature, The Music Minute, where we look back at a very special moment in music history that affected the landscape of song -- and sometimes the greater world around us -- in a significant manner. Time-tripping like Doctor Who, The Music Minute can wind up in any era, anywhere -- but hopefully nowhere near Britney Spears' career -- to trace a magical 60 seconds with each new installment.

As always, we'd love to hear your ideas for future Music Minute outings. So be sure to e-mail us or leave your comments at the bottom of this page. Sure, Andy Warhol might have been all about 15 minutes of fame, but the Music Minute has that beat by 840 seconds…

Who: John Lennon, Jesus Christ, American religious quasi-fanatics
When: March 4, 1966
What: Beatle Lennon makes an innocuous comment to a British reporter which is misconstrued in America and causes the first flurry of anti-Beatles/Lennon-as-Pinko-Commie sentiment.

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! John-lennon-20080425005343142-000
It's on: John vs. Jesus.

In 1966 The Beatles were titans, the biggest pop act ever and still only on the cusp of their greatest creative, financial, and pop-culture success. But when John Lennon made an offhanded -- and what he thought was innocent -- comment in an interview for the London Evening Standard, the flipside of Beatlemania reared its ugly head for the first time and also gave us a hint of where the outspoken Lennon's social activism would take him in the coming years. Here Lennon recounts that original interview, years after the incident took place:

"I was just in one of my… I was just not in a good mood," he said. "I wasn't making a big statement. I was not in a good mood. … They'd been knocking us in the press. They were always either loving us or hating us, there was never anything in between. … And [the reporter] was intimating that we were slipping. And I was in a bad mood, and I said, 'Slipping? We're bigger than Jesus!' Just no thought whatsoever like that. And when you print it, it looks like a statement."

In fact, the actual quote went something more like this:

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first -- rock and roll or Christianity. Jesus was alright but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

The comments -- which apparently arose because Lennon was reading up on religion at the time of the original interview -- went largely unnoticed in the U.K., but in the United States them, apparently, are fighting words. When the quote was picked up months later in a teen mag called Datebook, the reaction was, shall we say, not the finest example of turning the other cheek.

"Over here [in America] some lunatic gets his Klan mask on and starts running around burning crosses," Lennon commented on the U.S. outburst years later.

Something of a witch-hunt did develop. Apparently spearheaded by disc jockey Tommy Charles of WAQY in Birmingham, Alabama, a "Ban the Beatles" crusade got underway, mostly in the American South. A group of radio stations refused to play The Beatles, and albums and other Beatles merchandise were destroyed in public displays of what some might describe as religious zealotry.

Charles oddly suggested that Lennon's Jesus comments were the equivalent of an American taking shots at the Queen of England, a statement that would certainly seem to diminish Jesus' standing and elevate the Queen's.

"[Lennon's] answers are so flippant and his attitude is so bizarre in many instances, you never know whether he's honest or not," said Charles in an interview at the time. "It would be the same if an American group such as myself or an American singing group sounded off on the Queen and really took her to task."

(Yes, aside from being a disc jockey, Charles was apparently a musician too. So why not give yourself some props during your interview opportunities?)

This anti-Beatle sentiment was happening dangerously close to the launch of the band's American tour, and damage control was deemed necessary before the matter got out of hand. Death threats were coming in, as was talk of canceling the tour, so on August 11, 1966, The Beatles held a press conference in Chicago and Lennon apologized. Sort of.

"Well, originally I was pointing out that fact, in reference to England," said the musician, who appeared uncharacteristically rattled at the event. "That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion, at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it. It was a fact. And it sort of… it is true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. You know, I just said what I said and it was wrong, or it was taken wrong, and now it's all this."

Of course, things returned to normal for The Beatles shortly thereafter, and certainly their records were back in heavy rotation soon enough on the radio of the South -- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was just a year away. But something had changed for the band, who would never tour again. And Lennon, who had many more public controversies and battles still ahead of him, was certainly a different man after the incident.

"Yeah, I didn't want to tour because I thought they'd kill me," he said of the fracas years later. "You know, because they take things so seriously here [in America]. They shoot you and then they realize that it wasn't that important. … I was scared stiff. … And I look at a couple of these press conferences on film … and I was going through all this sort of hypocrisy and was terrified. I was really scared. One night on a show in the South somewhere, somebody lit off a firecracker while we were onstage. And there'd been threats to shoot us, the Klan were burning Beatles records outside, and a lot of Klu Klux kids were joining in with them. And somebody lit off a firecracker, and every one of us … looked at the other, because we each thought it was the other who had been shot. It was that bad. I don't know how I did it. That was the last tour."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/04/25/the-music-minute-john-lennon-vs-jesus
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! Empty Re: Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus !

Post by Penyaran Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Thread ini dipersembahkan untuk:

http://www.laskarislam.com/u1162

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! 1162-51

Penggemar John Lennon Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! Recseller
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus ! Empty Re: Mak Jegggeeer ! Kepopuleran John Lennon Mengalahkan Kepopuleran Yesus !

Post by voorman Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:42 pm

previous
hadeh......ngapaen pakek diperembahkan buat ane.....
jangan banding2in john lennon ama yesus deh.... ntar kwalat lho usil
voorman
voorman
SERSAN SATU
SERSAN SATU

Male
Kepercayaan : Islam

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Penyaran Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 pm

yg banding2in kan org laen kok, saya kan cuman copas doank piss

natalan aja yg terkenal Santa Clausnya, bukan Yesusnya lol
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by SEGOROWEDI Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:34 am

ingat arswendo atmowloto..
bikin survey hasilnya muhammad bukan yang terpopuler
langsung muslim pada kalap: ia dipidanakan dan dipenjarakan
basi
SEGOROWEDI
BRIGADIR JENDERAL
BRIGADIR JENDERAL

Kepercayaan : Protestan

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Penyaran Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 am

priiitttt..
si SEGOROWEDI OOT!
pelanggaran
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by SEGOROWEDI Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:40 am

seputar survey kan?
SEGOROWEDI
BRIGADIR JENDERAL
BRIGADIR JENDERAL

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Penyaran Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:34 pm

diingatkan, malah OOT
basi
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by SEGOROWEDI Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 pm

di LI
pasti populer Yesus

lha wong kamu aja terbengong-bengong kalau avatar itu JL
SEGOROWEDI
BRIGADIR JENDERAL
BRIGADIR JENDERAL

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Penyaran Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Lha Wed, kalo Yesus diomongin disini dikatain populer berarti Nabi Muhammad SAW juga populer tuh di Faith Freedom piss

masih mendingan kek gitu, ketimbang yg ini Wed, mirip2 malah disorakin lol

http://www.beritasatu.com/dunia/88207-mirip-yesus-seorang-penonton-turnamen-olahraga-diusir-keluar.html

ketawa guling ketawa guling ketawa guling ketawa guling ketawa guling ketawa guling ketawa guling ketawa guling
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by SEGOROWEDI Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Penyaran wrote:Lha Wed, kalo Yesus diomongin disini dikatain populer berarti Nabi Muhammad SAW juga populer tuh di Faith Freedom piss

emang..
dan muslimnya pada ngacir karena malu
SEGOROWEDI
BRIGADIR JENDERAL
BRIGADIR JENDERAL

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Penyaran Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:57 pm

SEGOROWEDI wrote:

Penyaran wrote:Lha Wed, kalo Yesus diomongin disini dikatain populer berarti Nabi Muhammad SAW juga populer tuh di Faith Freedom piss

emang..
dan muslimnya pada ngacir karena malu

disini kristennya pada ngacir karena malu ngakak
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by SEGOROWEDI Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

semoga saya tidak dingacirkan secara paksa
oleh oknum yang nampaknya sangat galau
panas
SEGOROWEDI
BRIGADIR JENDERAL
BRIGADIR JENDERAL

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Penyaran Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm

berarti orang galaunya hebat banget donk, bisa mengacirkan orang ngakak ngakak ngakak
Penyaran
LETNAN SATU
LETNAN SATU

Male

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Topik sebelumnya Topik selanjutnya Kembali Ke Atas